Providigm QAPI Accreditation Standards
The Providigm Basic QAPI Accreditation and Advanced QAPI Accreditation programs are based on four standards for excellence in continuously improving quality of care and life for nursing home residents. The four standards, or Four C’s, are evaluated quarterly for a period comprising the preceding twelve months (four quarters).
- Comprehensive – There are a sufficient number of assessments completed by the facility staff and entered into the abaqis web-based program. The assessments consist of the admission record review, census record review, family interview, resident interview, resident observation and staff interview.
- Continuous – The quality activities are not done just during the survey window. Quality activities are performed on an ongoing basis of two alternating quarters.
- Coverage – There are a sufficient number of unique residents assessed through an admission record review and/or a census assessment. The same resident assessments cannot be used repeatedly.
- Corrective – Areas that have been identified as needing improvement are going through an improvement process. These are known as Stage 2 activities.
Note: As we revise accreditation standards to best reflect current QAPI regulations, the Corrective Standard will temporarily hold the achievement of Basic standards as sufficient for both Basic and Advanced accreditation status for this standard.
- Customer Satisfaction – achieving a high abaqis endorsement score
- Prevention of Hospital Readmissions – a risk-adjusted hospital readmission rate of less than 5%
- Deficiency-Free Survey – zero deficiencies on the most recent standard survey